Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tex-Mex Superbowl Sunday


I planned to just snack today, until I thought about what I had picked up and what Mom and Dad might actually like. On Friday, Schnucks market had a facebook drive-time special that I picked up. Queso Dip Special, $6.50: 1 10-oz can Ro-Tel tomatoes, 1 2-lb Kraft Velveeta, 1 super Pretzel soft pretzels package, 1 13-oz Mission Tortilla chips, AND 1 Coke 2-liter product. Not exactly diet friendly, but hey it's "Superbowl Sunday"! These drive-time specials are good only on the day they are offered and only from 4:00-8:00 p.m. They have really great deals!

Anyway, in thinking about this, I thought well maybe we could have nachos. So, Michael went to the grocery for me this morning to pick up what I needed to make Shredded Tex-Mex Crock-Pot Chicken. I needed chicken, garlic, lettuce, grape tomatoes, and some condiments. This sounds absolutely yummy to me, and it's something I've not made before. I'll also open a can of black beans and have them with the nachos too. I bet, though, that it's a little shocking that I'm making chicken. Well, while that's a real departure for Sunday dinner, I think we'll all like it.

I'll let you know how it turns out. Happy Superbowl Sunday - have a good time!

So - dinner was yummy! Not very diet friendly though with all that cheese. Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment