Saturday, June 12, 2010

Burgers!

I have a hankering for some burgers. We haven't had any for awhile. And, I think the kidney bean burgers will do the trick. Here's the recipe:

2 15 oz cans kidney beans, drained
1/4 cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/2 cup rolled oats, or oat bran
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup coarsely ground almonds
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Gently combine everything except the almonds in a food processor and pulse unitl it is well combined and comes together easily. Add the almonds.

Form into patties and saute in an oiled pan over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on one side. Then flip and cook for 6-8 minutes on the second side. You can also grill these if you oil them well before placing them on the grill.

Place one patty on a bun and dress as you like with ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, onion, cheese, or whatever you like on your burger.

We're also going to have french fries (the frozen kind) and a Roasted Corn and Cabbage Salad. I saw such a salad on some cooking show recently, only I can't remember which show. So, I'm not sure this is the same recipe, but it sounds pretty good anyway.

I think I'll also cut up some cherub, cherry, or grape tomatoes and serve them with salt and pepper. Mmmm.... I'll let you know how it all turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment