Sunday, November 21, 2010

After Dinner Thoughts

The soup was quite yummy. We had it as out main course, but I also think it would make a good first course for Thanksgiving or Christmas. The hardest part of the soup was cutting up all the vegetables. I didn't have any Madiera, so I added the last of some very dry Sherry I had.


I also served some bread I picked up at the grocery yesterday. It's seasonal pumpkin seed & cranberry bread from Companion Bread. This company makes some of the best bread around.


And, then there was pie. Double stuffed blueberry pie is worth making! The cream cheese mixture with sugar, lime zest & juice, and almond extract is just out of this world. The flavor combination really works. I'll make this again sometime.

1 comment:

  1. That pie is beautiful! Looks yummy too! Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete