Tuesday, November 17, 2009

After Dinner Thoughts

So, Sunday's soup was pretty good. It turned out to be a fairly rich soup and with the tofu puree substitute for the heavy cream a very filling soup. It is possible that we would have this again, however I might change it up even more. For one thing, I don't think I'm personally fond of cream soups. I tend to avoid them in restaurants (okay, except for the Lobster Bisque wherever it can be found - but I really can't eat much of it). I guess I need to avoid them at home too.

Mom made an upside down caramel apple pie. Here's a picture of it; it broke apart a little, but that doesn't matter to the taste. It was yummy. Can't eat much of that however - way too many calories! It was filled with apples, caramel, pecans, and brown sugar. Mmmmmm....good thing Sunday is the only day I allow myself to indulge in such sugary decadence.

Recently I've been working to get my annual Christmas Jeopardy PowerPoint put together. I need six categories and I currently have four: 1-Charity; 2-Begins; 3-Classic Board Games; and 4-Commercial Mascots. I would like to do a category called "At Home" (to go with 1 & 2) and am having a hard time deciding which direction to go with that. And then I need a sixth category. I have a few ideas: Libations (Christmas beverages); Christmas animals; or Tots. Do you have any category ideas? Please share if you do! This year, for the first time, I will be able to use these cool Me First buzzers I purchased last year; it will make it much easier to know which player buzzed in first.

Well, I need to figure out what will be for dinner this coming Sunday. I'm thinking I need to keep the upcoming Thanksgiving dinner in mind and should go "light." I'll share what it will be when I know. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Sure would like to have the recipe for that pie. I tried to play with a recipe and make a caramel apple pie (I posted a picture on my blog a few weeks ago) but this one looks WAY better. Will she share? I didn't see it on delicious.

    ReplyDelete