Saturday, November 21, 2009

Oatmeal Soup

Yep - you read it right - Oatmeal Soup! I read a recipe for Oatmeal Soup in the St Louis Post Dispatch and was completely intrigued by it. When my parents were at our house this week to meet with our designer (remember the addition we are building onto our house for my parents?) we talked about what to have for dinner this weekend. Well, I asked if they would be willing to try the Oatmeal Soup and they said yes! So, it's Oatmeal Soup. I almost can't believe it myself.

As to the house addition plans, we seem to be in the final stages of making decisions. Joel came over to take some final measurements. Next we just need to talk to our original builder to answer some questions about the roof and then we should have our blueprints in hand! Whew, what a process. The stage of putting the construction out for bid is near. If the weather holds we might even be able to have the foundation poured and then it should be just a matter of time before the big move!

Anyway, it is supposed to be a beautiful weekend. I'm just about completely ready for my annual Cookie Exchange. I'll put the final touches on Christmas Jeopardy. And, we'll have Oatmeal Soup. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment