Saturday, February 20, 2010

Michael's Request

My husband, Michael, had rotator cuff surgery on his right arm this week. The doctor says it went well and he's recovering better than I expected. His surgery was on Wednesday and he started physical therapy on Thursday. He is able to lift his arm over his head and swing it back and forth. In about 6-8 weeks he should be fully recovered and (fingers crossed) pain free! Then he'll look into having the other arm done. Since he's left-handed this surgery hasn't been too much of a hardship for him, but I have to wonder about the next one...

Anyway, Michael has a request for Sunday dinner that I'm a bit hesitant about, and I honestly don't want to share but I will. He wants meatloaf. I've made a great mushroom loaf in the past - he's not interested in that. I offered to use Match - he's not interested in that. We compromised somewhat in that I will use ground turkey breast. We'll have the meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas. Old-style comfort food for the patient. Mom and dad will be surprised as well. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment