Thursday, February 11, 2010

After Dinner Thoughts

Dinner was fine. Mom's exact quote was, "The soup was good, but the salad was fabulous!" I have to agree, the ingredients were fresh and refreshing. Loved the grapefruit with the avocado. The toasted pecans played nicely with the goat cheese too. Mom liked the olives in the salad, I personally thought they were overkill. Dad liked the salad so much he had seconds!

The bean dip was pretty yummy, although with an entire jalapeno pepper it had a real kick! I used a bit of leftover dip to make a wrap the next day: warm a whole wheat tortilla with a sprinkle of cheese in the microwave on a paper towel for about 20 seconds, add a line of bean dip and return to microwave for about 10 more seconds. Roll the tortilla on itself and enjoy.

Michael thought the soup was okay; he seemed to enjoy the dip (since he ate most of it himself). He's not a fan of "exotic" ingredients in his salad and he really doesn't like goat cheese much at all, so his salad was pretty mainstream.

My biggest disappointment was the corn chips. Somehow I didn't get them to crisp and so they were tough to bite. I might try these again since there were rave reviews about them. If I do try them again I probably need to leave them in the oven just a little longer than four minutes per side. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment