Sunday, April 4, 2010

After Dinner Thoughts

Here's what dinner looked like. It was pretty good. I absolutely loved the spinach salad. And, while the pasta was good, it wasn't great. I think I should have just stuck with one recipe rather than trying to mash the two up. I think the Portobello Mushrooms with Asparagus using the tortellini would have been just fine. Don't get me wrong; the pasta really was good; I just think it could have been better.

The carrot cake tasted terrific! However, it deflated in the middle. I can't figure out what went wrong. When I used my cake tester in the middle it came out clean, and when someone ate that part of the cake it was done, just squished down a bit.

I was in a real cooking mood this weekend. I also made Egg Salad. As you might imagine, I don't eat bacon. But I will eat Bacon Bits (they're made from soy) since the recipe is really for Egg Salad BLTs, using the bacon bits works for me. The egg salad turned out quite yummy.

As I already wrote, we're having grilled salmon and roasted vegetables for dinner tonight. While there won't be any leftovers from today's meal, there are plenty of leftovers from yesterday. Looks like I know what I'll be having for lunch this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment