Sunday, October 31, 2010

After Dinner Thoughts

Well now, that was tasty. I was happy to finally have dinner ready; I felt like I was two hours behind all day. Part of that was because I got up two hours later than usual. I guess all the traveling I did this past week caught up with me. I was at ILEAD U in Springfield Monday through Thursday. Then, Friday I drove up to the Chicago suburbs for a celebration dinner that evening. I got up and drove back to the St Louis area Saturday morning. When I got home, I had just enough time to get ready for the Mayor's Halloween Ball; had a lot of fun at that party but got home later than normal. So, like I said, I think it all caught up with me this morning when I didn't get out of bed until late morning.

Even with that I was able to get dinner made and on the table. Mom was a huge help to me by putting the cake together while I prepared for the trick or treaters. Both the chili and the cake were very good. I decided to make the Black Forest Cake and that was a wise decision.

We had a very happy Halloween. I hope you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment