Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sicilian Spinach Pie

I'm back! Skipped Sunday dinners in September; instead we spent Sundays cleaning out mom & dad's basement. We're not quite done, but I think I can start cooking on Sundays again.

Michael found the recipe for Sicilian Spinach Pie in the St Louis Post Dispatch and cut it out. It doesn't take much for me to realize when he wants something. So, I'll make the pie this weekend. I'm thinking about putting it all together, refrigerating it, then just popping it in the oven on Sunday (we'll be back in that basement this Sunday). I'll let you know if that's what I decide to do.

For a side I'm going to make a Garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas) salad. I've been trying to find a fresh sounding recipe, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. So, I'm going to go with a mash up - a cross between this Garbanzo Bean Salad recipe and this 5-minute Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad recipe. I want to use the garbanzo beans, apple, walnuts, onion, and celery from the first recipe and the parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper from the second recipe.

Now I have to figure out something for dessert because we certainly can't skip dessert! I think I might try this Lemon Ginger Peach cake I found online.

I'll let you know how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment