Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mushrooms, Asparagus, Cauliflower, and Pineapple - not all in one dish!

I've been semi-following Engine 2 Diet along with Fat Free Vegan Kitchen on Facebook for some time now. Through those two pages I often find intriguing recipes from other sites. That's how I came up with tomorrow's menu. Tomorrow is Easter, but I'm not making any eggs. We're also in the midst of Passover, and I am using some oil. I guess I'm giving a semi-nod to two of the big holidays being celebrated right now.

The only thing that might be considered traditional for dinner this Easter is asparagus, which I plan to roast. We're also going to have either roasted cauliflower or mashed cauliflower. Then, we're going to have Marsala Glazed Mushrooms over wild rice. For dessert we're having Passover Pineapple Crumble.


It makes my mouth water just to think about it. Whatever holiday your family observes, I hope it's all you hope for.

After dinner thoughts...

Dinner was truly yummy!  We had both roasted and mashed cauliflower; I didn't have any half-and-half in the house, so I used fat free plain yogurt instead - I'll do this from now on.  The mushrooms were FABULOUS and I will happily make them again although I may use more than 20 ounces (I cooked 2 ten-ounce packages of baby bella mushrooms).  As you can see in the photos, I served the mushrooms over brown rice; this I would change to wild rice in the future.  The Pineapple Crumble was okay; not something I'll likely make again, but it was alright.




No comments:

Post a Comment