Sunday, March 7, 2010

After Dinner Thoughts

Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm. The perfect protein comprised of brown rice and black beans. The Korean-Style black beans were dreamy! I soaked them overnight and then cooked them in the slow cooker for about 6 hours - they were perfect! I browned the vegetable dumplings in peanut oil for about 3 minutes, then added some water and steamed them for about 6 minutes. Tasty! Try them if you get a chance. I know there are recipes out there to make your own, but the frozen ones worked well for us.

Oh - and the devil's food cake muffins worked well too. I only have a six muffin pan, so I divied out the muffins six at a time. That meant the first six were way big and the next six were a bit puny. But they were easy to make and everyone enjoyed them. Mom and Dad have the bigger four that were left over and we kept the smaller four.

We have a few dumplings left over, some rice and a good amount of black beans. Guess what I'll be having for lunch this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment