Sunday, March 28, 2010



Back in October I made one of our favorite soups - Minestrone! Well, I made it again today, using the same recipe from my Cooking Light Annual Recipes 1998. It's a great soup day in the Midwest - rainy, overcast, just on the verge of spring. I also made a Marbled-Chocolate Banana Bread. I think they both look pretty good.



It will just be Michael and myself for dinner tonight - and by the looks of how much soup I made, we'll be having this for a few days. I think I'll freeze some too. I don't know when I might be making Sunday dinner for Mom and Dad again.

Mom and Dad are staying at my sister and her family's house. Mom had a knee replacement last Monday. Whew - what a week! I took Mom to the hospital at 4:30 Monday morning and then "home" Friday afternoon around 3:00. In between time, I spent most of my time at the hospital taking care of her; and a couple of nights staying at their house with my Dad. The surgeon was very happy with the results, and I anticipate Mom will be very happy someday too! Right now she is involved with physical therapy and making sure her knee moves freely. It'll take awhile but hopefully she'll be ready to spend Christmas in Florida again this year. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment