Saturday, March 6, 2010

Gyoza (Vegetable Dumplings)

So, at my Weight Watchers meeting this week, a couple told the group about a new international market in Edwardsville. They had picked up frozen vegetable dumplings, vegetable samosa, and other items. Well, the market is right on my path home from the meeting and I stopped and picked up those items too.

We're going to have the Vegetable Dumplings for Sunday dinner. I'll probably pan sear them with a tiny bit of vegetable oil. Five dumplings, by themselves, equal 2 weight watchers points; I'll need to add a point for the oil, but that's still a low point value! I think I'll also make a recipe that was in this week's food section of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: Korean-Style Black Beans (one serving = 5 ww points). I'll make a side of rice and some type of dipping sauce and dinner will be complete!

I think I might make the weight watchers devil's food cake muffins. You take 1 box devil's food cake mix and 1 (15oz) can packed pumpkin. Mix those two ingredients together and evenly place the mixture into muffin tins (you might want to spray the cups or use liners). Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and you've got yourself 3 points per muffin.

Whatever dinner ends up being, I sure will let you know how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment