Sunday, September 13, 2009

After Dinner Thoughts


Well, dinner was scrumptious! That orzo salad is a real winner. Quite easy to make, too. I added pine nuts and fresh lemon juice to the original recipe. We all really really liked it. That's a good thing since I made a double batch of the salad in order to have leftovers (lunch for work tomorrow).

I was a little worried about the combination of baked sweet potatoes and the orzo salad, but they actually worked quite well together. Mom, Dad, and I all really like sweet potatoes so this was a hit of a dinner. The peach pie that Michael made was mighty tasty too. He added pecans to it for a new taste sensation.

While I was at my parents' house this afternoon my Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Bill came by for a visit. I had called earlier and asked if they wanted to eat dinner with us, but they had just finished lunch and said it wasn't going to work out for them. Right before they finished their visit, Aunt Carolyn took a bite of the orzo salad, though, and I think was surprised by how truly yummy it was. Uncle Bill said to remember to invite them again and I will! They know, however, that there will be no meat, which is, I think, a bit startling for them.

All in all we had a very nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment