Thursday, October 15, 2009

Feeling Better - How About Some Pasta?

Whew - thank goodness that cold I had is just about history. I hope that's the end of that for the season. With all the talk about the flu, there's lots of hand-washing going on. We even got those automatic hand sanitizers at work. Better safe than sorry!

So, while I was at home this past week I was able to take a bit of time to think about Sunday dinner before Michael went to the grocery store. I know you're wondering what we're having, so here it is...

Tortellini Spinach Casserole from Taste of Home. This recipe sounds tasty. The recipe list includes fresh mushrooms (I'll use a combination of white button and baby portabella mushrooms), garlic powder (I'll use fresh minced garlic), onion powder (again, I'll use fresh chopped onion), pepper, butter, evaporated milk, brick cheese, frozen chopped spinach, and mozzarella cheese. I plan to add sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, toasted pine nuts, and a splash of white wine.

We'll include a fresh green salad and garlic bread. Mom said she'll make dessert, so for now that's a surprise. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment