Sunday, October 11, 2009

Not this week

This past week I attended the Illinois Library Association Conference in Peoria, Illinois. It was a good conference. However, when I attend conferences it seems I always come home sick. This time I'm coming down with a cold. I think I even know where I caught it. I attended the Reference Forum luncheon at the Pere Marquette hotel. The waiter who was serving our table was sniffing...I can barely think about his handling the plates, glasses, etc...YUCK! Hey - here's an idea to help with health care in the Untied States: make it mandatory for sick people to stay home from work (with pay). That way fewer people will be spreading their germs around so that fewer people come in contact with them and then fewer people end up sick.

Oh well. Being sick means I am not going to my parents house today. I'm keeping my ickyness to myself (as well as my crabby-ness about being sick at all). Luckily I'm off work tomorrow and can hopefully be a better by Tuesday (I'll be 4 days in by then). I'm taking the Zicam rapid melts every three hours - we'll see if I can cut the severity down.

So, no Sunday dinner this week. I'll spend the day lounging around, washing the laundry, considering what might be on next Sunday's menu, and just taking care of myself in general. Michael made some yummy vegetable soup Friday, maybe I'll have some of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment