Sunday, August 21, 2011

Making It Up - Mediterranean Tuna Pasta

I didn't make Sunday dinner last weekend; instead we went over to Cindy's & Dave's house and enjoyed a really nice summer Sunday. While the weather is nice again today, I am making Sunday dinner and bringing Mom and Dad over to enjoy it. I'm needing a fairly low-key Sunday.

So, I've made it up myself today. Michael grilled some tuna steaks the other day; they are in today's dinner. I'm calling dinner Mediterranean Tuna Pasta. Here are today's ingredients:

Cheese tortellini
Marinated artichoke hearts, chopped with marinade
Sundried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
Medium-size black olives, halved
Tuna - chopped

The artichoke marinade is the sauce (with a little of the sun dried tomatoes marinade - just however much looks right). Everything, except the tortellini, goes in a large bowl. Add the tortellini right after cooking and draining so that it warms all the ingredients. Serve.

I could easily also add:
Red onion, chopped finely
Fresh spinach, chopped
Parmesan, mozzarella, feta or goat cheese
Pine nuts
Basil
Cannelloni beans

Green beans with sliced almonds is our side today. Sounds yummy! I'll be sure to let you know how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment