Sunday, August 28, 2011

Skillet Eggplant and Lentils

I came across this recipe recently and thought it sounded good, so today I'm trying it. Skillet Eggplant and Lentils - sounds intriguing. I think I'll also make some type of tomato salad.

Yesterday my sister and brother-in-law hosted a "last pool party of the summer." We had a terrific time! Our friends Liz and Darren, Andrea and Aleah, Cassy and Timmy and our Aunt Linda and Uncle Richard all stopped by; of course, Mom and Dad were poolside too. Liz made a fabulous tomato, cucumber and feta salad that I'm going to try to replicate today. All the food was really god - that salad just stood out for me and I'd like some more.

I hope the folks on the East Coast are fairing well. The weather in Midwest has been beautiful this weekend! In a few weeks Liz, Darren, Michael and I are taking a trip to the Grand Canyon. We will be celebrating my 50th birthday (earlier this year) and our 20th wedding anniversary (we've actually been together for thirty-two years, we just waited awhile to get married). We're staying one night at Bright Angel Lodge on the South Rim of the Canyon, then several nights at The Orchards Inn of Sedona. We're all very excited for this trip!

Anyway, as ever, I'll be sure to let you know how dinner turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment